“Born and bred” in Great Britain, and a life science degree “Made in Germany” – this sums up my profile.
German to English Translations for medical/technical, pharmaceutical, science and IT are my forte.
I studied Linguistics with German following on from my A-Levels in German, French and Mathematics. This degree course took me to Regensburg, where I fell in love with this beautiful city and the spirit of Germany. I experienced the reunification of Germany and started to feel quite at home, after learning more of the language and of course Bayrish too ;-).
I decided not to finish the linguistics degree, but to take on an apprenticeship as an Optician, which brought my passion for science and craftmanship back into my focus.
Once qualified I then took this a step further and studied Optometry at the Fachhochschule (University for Applied Science) in Aalen, Baden-Wuerttemberg. Here I also learnt a litte about the Swabian culture ;-).
From there I went on to work for various medical device and pharmaceutical companies, and was heavily involved with IT, processes and Quality Control and Management… to be continued …
- Medical devices / medical products
- Product / Application Lifecycle Processes
- IT and Software
- Plant Construction
- Clinical Trials / Drug Safety
- Quality Management
- Regulatory Affairs / Audits
- General Medicine / Optometry / Ophthalmology
- General Science
Of course you can also contact me with general topics like letters and cultural topics.
- IHK Translator for German>English (Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Cologne)
- Diploma in Optometry (Fachhochschule Aalen)
- Member of BDÜ (German Association of Interpreters and Translators)
- Member of tekom (German Association for Technical Communication)
Feel free to get in touch, and I’ll give you a free quote for your project!